Have You Heard....
Congratulations go to the following students for being recognized as "Students of the Quarter" for 4th Quarter of the 15/16 school year at Sanford Regional Technical Center....
Jacob Cammet (Digital Design)
Justin Forrester (Fire Science)
Miranda Gerry (Academy of Business)
Justin Goodwin (Automotive Technology)
Way to go Mustangs!!!!
Congratulations go to the the following Honored students for May: Bryce Anderson, Kathryn Bacon, Joey Beal-Hernandez, Mary Berard, Chase Boisvert, Connor Bourassa, Alyssa Bull, Brendan Byther, Kyle Campbell, Bryant Cole, Abigail Darling, Eliot DeAugilar, Pastelle Dion, Austin Donovan, Amanda Dudley, Christian DuPaul, Evan Foglio, Aiden Galbraith, Caelan Gray, Jesse Greenlaw, Jocelyn Hall, Devyn Heathcote, Kyle Hill, Issiac Hooper, Sarah Howe, Vicki Hurd, Rhiannon Hutchins, Sean Iannazzo, Sophie Irons, Matheu Jolin, Corey King, Kenadee Knight, William Lajeunesse, Courtney Lemieux, Xavier Lundrigan, Alex Marino, Lindsey Marquis, Phoebe Masse, Halie McFarland, Amadeus Moran, McKenzy Ouellette, Savannah Ouellette, Kenny Po, Kristiana Poland, Rachael Raymond, Madison Richards, Rheana Roberts, Alexis Roy, Caleb Roy, Leah Ryan, Alyssa Shibles, Chase Stearns, Cailin Steeves, Lindsay Stevens, Elijah Stinson, Emily Stinson, Natalie Thayer, Jessica Toomey and Sarah Watson. Super job!
Congratulations go to the following Honored Students for the month of April - Derrek Abbott, Deanna Allen, Kate Bacon, Joseph Beal-Hernandez, Zackerie Brogan, Elizabeth Brown, Matthew Carroll, Katie Castle, Emma Chase, Jessica Clark, Alyvia Cormier, Andrew Cotton, Derek Coulombe, Colin Crawford, Alyssa Crowell, Cheyla Downs, Lily Fuller, Noah Gallant, Grace Gile, Cassie Gilham, Stephen Gilham, Curtis Harriman, Zackery Heath, Emily Hodgkins, Nathan Holland, Paige Houke, Zachary Huff, Ethan Jalbert, Emily Kelley, Kayla Kessler, Sebastian Knight-Girard, Eva Labbe, Morgan Labbe, Courtney Lemieux, Issac Libby, Jason Lurvey, Eliza Martin, Phoebe Masse, Thomas Mayo, Zachary McGrath, Gabriel Melancon, Isabella Moody, Rachel Mullen, Shelby Patch, Alyssa Perreault, Dorothy Pierce, Isabelle Pierce, Zachery Papapetrou, Christian Reehl, Aspen Reinauer, Skylar Renaud, MacKenzie Roberge, Cameron Roy, Emma Rutlege, Leah Ryan, Alexieus Saucier, Hope Saucier, Alex Scott, Katie Shupp, Janelle Sperdakos, Hollis Stanley, Chase Stearns, Taylor Stevens, Cody Swartz, Natalie Thayer, Sheibon Tizon, Ryan Townsend, Jared Walberg, Jeffery Waters, Rachel Westleigh, Sara Woodward, Leah Zunser, Neal Zunser.
Congratulations go to the following MHS Honored Students for February:
Alexis Abbott, Kate Bacon, Trinity Binette, Jacob Boyden, Zachary Bryan, Mark Bureau, Annissa Carey, Whitney Cass, Abigail Clock, Abigail Cloutier, Logan DeGiacomo, William DeRosie, Pastelle Dionne, Austin Donovan, Jordan Downs, Kadin Dunne, Jacob Gervais, Noah Gochie, Gabrielle Guillemette, Riley Gaetjens, Allison Grant, Hannah Guilbeault, Devyn Heathcote, Lexi Ingham, Andrew Ireland, Ethan Jalbert, Brady Johnstone, Brandon Johnstone, Andreanna LaRiviere, Meagan Lavoie, Alex Levesque, Xavier Lundrigan, Alex Marino, Zach McGrath, Jen Meserve, Deanna Moran, Roshelle Morrison, Haley Muse, Zander Newton, McKenzy Ouellette, Savannah Ouellette, Julia Partridge, Zoe Petit, Madison Phillips, Carlos Philpotts, Maximus Place, Kristiana Poland, Alana Poulin, MacKenzie Roberge, Caleb Roy, Elizabeth Schepis, Curtis Smith, Elijah Stitson, Olivia Wagner, Jeffery Waters, Kurtis Weymouth, Michael Wood.
- Congratulations go to Emily Wasina, who has been selected as this year’s Maine Principals Association, Principal’s Award Honoree for 2016. Emily’s academic, citizenship and leadership efforts earned her this honor. Great job Emily!
- Best wishes go to our Boys Swim Team as they look to defend their Southwestern Swim Championship this evening at Cape Elizabeth! We know our boys will give it their all!
- Congratulations go to our Boys Varsity Basketball Team for earning a spot to play in the Western Maine, Double A Basketball Championship night at the Portland Civic Center. This is the first time that our boys’ basketball team has ever played in the Western Maine final. We wish them the best and look forward to their hard work paying off!
- Congratulations to the MHS wrestling team on their 3rd place finish at the Western Maine Class A Regionals Saturday. The day was highlighted by 1st place finishes by Mathew Carroll and Leo Amabile. Also, congratulations to Kevin Nugyen, Ethan Huff, Noah McGrath, Logan Martin, and Noah Schnieder placed 3rd overall and will be heading to States next Saturday at Noble. Great Job Wrestlers!
- Congratulations to the MHS Girls Swim team on their Second place overall finish at the Southwestern Championship meet Saturday. Well done ladies!
- Congratulations to Elaine Dudley for setting a new school record in her victory in the 100yd freestyle of 53.9 and also winning the 200yd freestyle. Congratulations to the MHS Freestyle relay team of Amanda Dudley, Alison Ryan, Joana Lafrance and Elaine Dudley on their 1st place finish! Great Job!
- Congratulations to all of the Indoor track athletes at our Southwestern Maine Championship this past weekend. We have a SMAA high jump champion, Moriah Biener, and we plan to see her take away the state again this year. We want to also congratulate the following state competitors:
Moriah Biener, Logan Champlin, Jarrod Hooper, Emily Kelley, Ashley Russell, Leah Ryan, Kylie Johnson, Keilly Lynch, Madison Bantz, Maquila Dimastrantonio, Hope Saucier, Adam Cloutier, Isaac Libby, Tim Zimmerman and Jacob Aboud.
January Honored Students
Congratulations go to the following students for their efforts at earning Honored Student Status:Jacob Aboud, Zach Alcorn, Leo Amabile, Chris Ames, Nicholas Bagdanovich, Logan Bantly, Brianna Bastarache, Haley Belanger, Elizabeth Brown, Kyle Campbell, Jack Cavanaugh, Joshua Citron, Elizabeth Clock, Andrew Cloutier, Brooke Cox, Alyssa Crowell, Emma Desrochers, Sarah DesVergnes, Alexander Dupras, Savannah Ford, Stephanie Garrastazu, Olivia Gerry, Noah Gochie, Megan Goodwin, Sara Greenleaf, Zach Harding, Colin Harris, Matt Hodgkins, Kayla Hood, Brandon Johnstone, Emily Kelley, Alexis Kidder, Madison Labbe, Anna Lane, Andrew Lanoix, Alexander Lawnsby, Elizabeth Leclerc, Hunter Ledoux, Isaac Libby, Xavier Lundrigan, Rosalie Mahoney, Rebecca Malloy, Jacob Marino, Taylor Martin, Jonathan McConologue, Cheyenne Merrifield, Joseph Merry, Steele Muchmore-Allen, Kimberly Murphy, Alexis Nelson, Madeline Pearson, Sydney Pepin, Zoe Petit, Jane Petit, Morgan Pike, Max Place, Kristiana Poland, Maggie Redman, Leah Ryan, Garredd Sanborn, John Shirk, Stephen Sinapius, Kaylee St.Laurent, Natalie Thayer, Hannah Vallee, Marissa Valliere, Kurtis Weymouth, Winter Whitten, Cassandra Wiseman.
-Eight Special Olympians, five coaches and one awesome bus driver attended the Special Olympics Winter Games at Sugarloaf from Jan.31 through Feb. 2nd. It was a great trip filled with lots of activities including snowmobiling, a cat ride up the mountain, a ride in a horse drawn carriage, swimming, fireworks and a dance. Our students received medals and ribbons based on their improved time trials. Our Massabesic Olympians represented our district very well, once again!!!
-Congratulations to the following students who were awarded "Outstanding Student of the Quarter" at Sanford Regional Technical Center:
-Congratulations go to the following Fall, 2015 MHS Honored Student Athletes: Troy Cloutier (Cross Country), Matt Prokey (Golf), Dawson Renaud (Soccer), Neva Stevens (Soccer), Emily Wasina (Cross Country), Kelley Wescott (Field Hockey). Super job!!!
-NJROTC had their annual inspection at the end of January. This year's inspecting officer was CDR Jimmy Miller who recently took over as the Area Manager. Our students and staff were well-prepared and showed CDR Miller how AWESOME "MUSTANG NATION" is! CDR Miller could not stop discussing how impressed he was with our cadets along with Commander Donlon and Sr. Chief Jordan's efforts. Three cheers for a job well done to all involved!
MHS Student-Athlete, Leo Amabile earned his 100th individual wrestling win! Great job Leo!MHS Student Musician, Devin Adams performed on the "From the Top" radio "First" program on Maine Public Radio!
MHS has started a Unified Basketball Team! We are now one of the 32 schools statewide sponsoring a team that combines students w/disabilities along with supporting students from our school. Our team will compete against other area schools during a 7-game regular season, followed by playoffs and then culminating in a State Championship. If you wish to attend a game and support our student-athletes, our team's schedule is available under "Athletics and Activities" on this site.
MHS students have both the highest retention rate and largest number of students of any sending school at Sanford Regional Technical Center. Our kids follow-through with their commitments and respect the opportunities they receive in the many offerings at SRTC!
Well over 1,000 holiday cards were created by MHS students and staff bringing holiday cheer to veterans, along with patients at area nursing homes and hospitals.
The National Honor Society and Student Council joined forces and held a penny drive to raise money for re-location costs for the Waterboro Food Pantry. Approximately $750.00 was raised to help!!
-Congratulations to the Zero Waste Club who has implemented a new recycling program at MHS! Special thanks to this group for all their efforts!!-Trystin Killer was part of the RSU57 State of Technology presentation on Nov. 16th at our School Board Meeting. Trystin did an amazing job and was an outstanding representative of MHS and our new Student Help Desk!
On Saturday January 31st, 34 MHS Chorus and Chamber Singers joined the UNH Choir along with 8 other participating high schools from NH and MA to sing Beethoven’s Mass in C. The morning started off with rehearsals and nearly 200 singers. Students were able to meet and talk with many of the college students who gave them many pointers to help them with their singing. The MHS Chamber Singers were one of 3 groups who were able to perform during the first half of the concert for the packed audience. Our students were great and loved the experience working on really challenging music! Congratulations go to our students on how much they learned and achieved.
Hi "Mustang Nation"!
I want to take a moment to wish each of you a happy and enjoyable break over the next two weeks. Here's hoping that each of you enjoys time with family and friends!
As we look towards the end of 2014, many of us older folks take a moment to reflect on the year that is passing to give it some perspective. We look to remember people, events and happenings, which made our lives and those of our family and friends prosper and/or be more fulfilled. As principal I also look at the year in regards to the profession I hold near and dear to my heart, which each of you is the key to! Let me share with you some of those things that I am thankful for as your principal.
I am thankful for the students of "Mustang Nation":
- Who come to school each day with a respectful manner and attitude!
- Who are able to keep standing up and stepping forward even when life gives them a difficult twist!
- Who come to MHS to take advantage of the resources and expertise that RSU 57 is able to provide at our school!
- Who, no matter how hard they try and make their high school years difficult, keep coming back to us day after day after day to continue this part of their journey!
- Who understand that MHS is a Professional Learning Community that is trying its very best to improve and make a difference in their lives each and every day!
- Who come to school each day respecting themselves and their fellow schoolmates!
- Who respect the work our staff does and appreciate the positive efforts made on their behalf!
- Who represented us with distinction throughout the state this past year, earning both themselves and our school the respect we deserve!
I look forward to all of your future, positive efforts and to a wonderful 2015! Have a SUPER break!
Massabesic High School