“September 5, 2014
Hi All! I need to take a moment to share the following with you:
The weather - Has been somewhat warm to say the least. Tuesday was extremely warm and tomorrow may be the warmest day of all. Some parents/guardians have shared some questions about if we have been doing anything to mitigate the heat. The answer is, yes we have. Tuesday afternoon we put together a plan to cool our buildings down during each late afternoon and evening.
Since our main building is mostly brick and blocks it absorbs heat. In the late afternoon and evening we have been opening every window and door we can, putting blowers and fans on and pulling in cooler air, thus also trying to push out heat. Yesterday and today we have also had blowers and fans also going on all day in are hallways circulating more air. This has made a big difference and it was noticeably better the last two days. We expect tomorrow to be much better than Tuesday was.
"I can't thank our kids enough for their attitudes during this mini heat-wave! They have been great!"
Special thanks - Goes out to all of our student-athletes for putting in the extra time and commitment to represent "Mustang Nation" this fall! We thank you for all of the positive efforts and sportsmanship that you will put on display each and every day!
What is this "Meet and Greet" - Next Thursday, September 11th?
Our "Meet and Greet" offers the opportunity for students and their families to personally meet each of their son/daughter’s teachers as well as attend an important informational session geared towards the upcoming year.
5:00 Doors open – Pick up your son or daughter’s schedule in the cafeteria at the West Building
5:15 – 6:50 Teachers will be in their classrooms
7:00 – 8:30 Evening Presentations
- Grade 9 Parents: Empower/Grading Presentation: East Training Center
- Grade 10 Parents: The importance of the PSAT and what will the "new" Smarter Balanced Testing look like
- Grade 11 Parents: The SAT Test and what will the "new" state-mandated Smarter Balanced Testing look like?
- Grade 12 Parents: Kick off to College (ends @ 8:30): Auditorium
Teachers will have:
1) A handout to give to each parent/guardian that contains:
- specific course information
- Contact information
- After school support dates
2) Visuals that parents/guardians can see:
- What your son/daughter will be expected to show/learn this year
- Possible Exemplar work
- Rubric examples
Hallway Exhibits will also be shared by:
- Project Grad
- Technical School program info
- Vision Committee surveys (win an iPad mini!)
- Technology information regarding our Ipads
- Math Team
- Civil Rights Team
- Culture Club
- As well as others...
*Attending this night will put your name son/daughter's name in to win a variety of “Mustang Nation” prizes as follows:
- Mustang Gear
- iTunes Gift Card
- Free family Admission to Fall & Winter Sporting Events
- 2G iPod Shuffle (1)
- 8G iPod Nanos (3)
- CaseLogic Netbook or Laptop Case (1)
- CaseLogic Tablet or iPad Case (2)
- KeyFolio Pro 2- Removable Keyboard, Case and Stand (3)
Also attending one of the night presentations will double your son or daughter's chance to win a prize!!!
I urge you to attend!
Massabesic High School”